Mar 27, 2009

resonse piece for the Lulu Bird


I had this image saved in my computer, ever since I got it from my sister.

So... I have been talking to many friends from my high school. Since we were "stuck" together for 24 hrs every day for 3 years (it was a boarding school), we had eventually become sisters and brothers. These relationships became even more interesting when we went to all different colleges, and started going towards different goals from each other. We were so bounded for such a long time, that we felt strange to see each other in different places, when it happened for the first time. I felt so excited every time I hung out with them and heard about what they have been studying in school, which was reeeeeeeeally different from what I was doing for my major!

I got a brief message from my bestfriend this morning. I felt my muscles around my mouth pulled together for a smile, as our little movie played inside my brain that moment. Oh, we shared every thought, wrote poems, draw, and talk philosophy together when we were in high school. He seemed to be in a totally different place now, just like I am in another different place from where he I used to be. It is such a nice feeling in life, when I hear from my precious friends once in a while like this.
It's like a hint of lime in Gin and Tonic. (my current life as the bitter gin)

1 comment: