Mar 29, 2009

Kae Dal Um means Recognition

Sleeping Women with Standing Wolf
Lithograph by Kiki Smith

Women who study psychology are not so popular in the country where I come from. Actually, men try to avoid the women coming from the psychology background.

They claim that....
a. Women with higher degree are too tiring because they will try to argue against the men, and it's annoying. The men refer these women to "girls with many bags(more like backpacks)." Unfortunately, psychology requires a Master's degree most of the case - at least.
b. Psychology people are known to have a lot issues on their own, and they are extraordinary.
c. They are just complicated.

Even though I feel defensive against these judgemental ideas, I admit the fact that I am somehow a complicated person. I enjoy exploring my own thoughts and feelings, which attracted me to this particular study. Sometimes, it is scary to think my personal issues affecting and relating directly back to my profession, which could happen possibly. I try to be sensitive and to be aware of myself before I relate to other people.

Sometimes I think that I mature by understanding myself as a professional - then I compromise.

(The image I attached to this blog does not necessarily relate to this topic)


No comments:

Post a Comment