Feb 18, 2009

Oriental Medicine ?

The migraine I had all day yesterday was still there when I woke up this morning. I called my supervisor and asked for a dayoff.
I decided to stay in my bed for a little while to relax. The phone rang just as I started my little meditation. It was my good old friend from my country, whom I haven't talked to, ever since I moved here.
We asked each other for one big change we had in two years. He told me he has recently passed the national licensure exam to become an oriental medical doctor (acupunture+medicine). I told him that I will be graduating in two months. ha.. ha..
After talking for hours, about big and little changes in life and how those changes will lead us to the future, we came up with a crazy idea! How does oriental medicine benefit mental illness? How could art therapy and oriental medicine work together? Eventhough we didn't have any specific ideas of what we would research, we were so excited just thinking about our crazy idea!
So I started googling during lunchtime.... (migraine gone!)
I found this interesting website with lots of Asian medical woo~woo stuff!
This article written by Melchiorre explains how oriental medicine can be used alternatively from the western medicine. I got lost in the part where he starts writing Chinese words for the ingredients.
Here is the link, click on the title,
I wonder where the author is coming from. His name sounds western to me ?
There is a part where he mentions some of the side effects of Benzodiazepines we are pretty much aware of... risk of sucidal thoughts for depression, and other physical problems. I am curoius to learn about the side effects of the natural herbal medicine that are used for the similar purpose as the western anxiolytics, which I could not find in this article.
interrrrrrrrrresting.
I often get great insparations from my friends like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment