Feb 17, 2009

Vertical Energy


I remember this drawing from the History Art Therapy class. All of us stood in front of the walls of the classroom, and start drawing followed by Randy's instuctions, eyes closed.
I was very fascinated by Randy's term, "Vertical Energy." I started believing the energy in my own way, which helped me ground myself in the new place when I first came to study.

I found the journal I wrote about this image. It's already been one and half years since I wrote it! There have been so many changes in my life since then....I am living in a different neigborhood, wearing different clothes, I look different ..maybe a new hairstyle. I've made new friends, and I have different feelings about my life ever since.
Yet, I remember where exactly I sitting at, the time of the day, and my feelings when I did wrote it..

Here it goes,




Vertical Energy runs from the top of the head, all the way to the tip of your toes.
Although it is the energy that all most all of us own equally, not everyone is aware of it. Fortunately, someone smart like Randy helps me to recognize!
With the power of vertical energy, I can get myself together and eventually stand up, even after falling all the way down to the bottom. I carefully start myself again and move around..
I breathe and feel myself because of this special energy that runs through my body everyday.


Seventh night in Chicago, 8/31/07




No comments:

Post a Comment