Feb 25, 2009

iathinkn


I think a lot. I have had some trauma related to this fact: people thought I were upset because I was pondering so hard, quiet; I may frustrate people as I express slower because of my intense internal process.
Thought process is a way of self communication. Just like meditation, it helps to internalize and/or to pay attention to the self. I remember when I first learned to think deeply about an object. High school boyfriend got me into the obsession of philosophy, and we ended up creating the secret new word iathinkn a-k-a I am thinking.

These are some of the thoughts while taking this photo in my sink.
  • Speed amazes me. I am surprised by the speed of light, speed of sound, and speed of water! Water seems to be the loosest, and I can control the speed with the knob. But I can never catch the running water!
  • I like touching things. I haven't thought of "why."
    - Maybe I am fascinated by tactile sense,
    - maybe I enjoy the non-verbal communication,
    - or maybe I feel the most connected.
  • I love water.
    - I like touching water when it is running. I like the tickling feeling on my fingers when it's running through them. Sometimes it frustrates me because it only keeps running and I can't catch or stop it. It's like something you want to possess, but you can't really.
    - I feel the water. I feel warm and relaxed. It slows down my heartbeat. It's also interesting because I feel free, yet somehow contained under the water. Maybe my feeling of contained is because my brain is telling me I am still in the tub, not in the middle of pacific ocean.
    - I like washing dishes. It is a good excuse to play in the water. I get bubbles, too! Sometimes rinsing off the food from the dishes feels clearing my leftover thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. i have lots of dishes you are welcome to come do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. one time my finger prints got so big when i was holding my fingers under the water, and then the water started to flow through the lines, like a maze being flooded. The water rose to the height of the walls that formed my finger prints, and then my finger was smooth and I had no more prints.

    ReplyDelete